What personally identifiable information is collected?
Online Direct Democracy collects personally identifiable information (“personal info”) on certain areas of the site when users register, request information or a response, sign up for events, and participate in user posting areas, such as surveys. The personally identifiable information collected may include, without limitation, your access ID/password, company and contact information (names, mailing and e-mail addresses, phone/fax numbers).
How may my personal info be used?
Online Direct Democracy uses your personal info to fulfill your requests for information, to process your requests to participate in events, and to review and consider any employment-related inquiries that you may submit. We may keep any of your personal info on file and use it to contact you for recruiting purposes. Online Direct Democracy may also use personal info in analysing site user behaviour in order to measure interest in specific items posted on our site. The e-mail addresses provided at registration allow Online Direct Democracy to send e-mail to individuals based on the areas of interest that they indicate during the registration process.
Are IP addresses used?
Online Direct Democracy also logs IP addresses, or the location of computers on the Internet, to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the site.
Is personally identifiable information disclosed to third parties?
Online Direct Democracy will not intentionally disclose (and will take commercially reasonable steps to prevent the accidental disclosure of) your personal info to third parties (i.e., persons or entities that are not affiliates of Online Direct Democracy), whether for such third parties marketing purposes or otherwise, subject only to the following five exceptions:
- Online Direct Democracy may disclose your personal info to third parties as required or permitted by the laws, rules, and regulations of any nation, state, or other applicable jurisdiction
- Online Direct Democracy may disclose your personal info to third parties who deliver information from us to you for the purpose of performing such delivery
- Online Direct Democracy may disclose your personal info if, in connection with submitting the information, you consent to such disclosure
- Online Direct Democracy may disclose contact information for you in response to inquiries by bona-fide rights owners in connection with allegations of infringement of copyright or other proprietary rights arising from information you have posted on the site or otherwise provided to Online Direct Democracy
- If Online Direct Democracy and/or any of its affiliates merges with or sells substantially all of its assets or a majority of its equity to a third party, information collected by Online Direct Democracy or such affiliates on their Web sites may be disclosed to and owned by the merged entity or third party
Links to third-party sites
We may provide links to third-party web sites as a service to our users. In addition, some of the content appearing to be on this site is in fact supplied by third parties, for example, in instances of framing of third-party web sites or incorporation through framesets of content supplied by third-party servers. We cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection and privacy practices of such third-party web sites, which may differ from those of this site.
How can I access, change, and/or delete information?
You may access, correct, update, and/or delete any personal info that you submitted to the site. You may also unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations on the site. To do so, please either follow instructions on the page of the site on which you have provided such information or subscribed or registered, or send us an e-mail with the subject line of unsubscribe to email@example.com
Online Direct Democracy has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal info from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized Online Direct Democracy personnel are provided access to personal info, and these employees are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, Online Direct Democracy cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personal info.
This policy has been in effect since August 1, 2007.
Some of the features on the Online Direct Democracy website require the use of “cookies”. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer.
- Session cookies – when you use our website a temporary cookie records some information related to your current browser session. It is used only to store information about that instance and is deleted when the browse session is closed. The purpose of this cookie is to help the system remember the activities you asked it to perform such as the search term, the number if hits on a page etc. They are no longer accessible after the browser session expires i.e. once it has been inactive for fifteen minutes or when the browser is closed.
- Permanent, persistent or stored cookies – these are used in only a few places. They help to remember the search history feature and they remember the user across the various Emerald web sites. These cookies are stored on the user’s hard drive.
Please note that users do not have to have permanent cookies enabled in order to use our websites but session cookies must be enabled. All browsers allow the user to independently allow session cookies from permanent cookies.